I have been diagnosed with dementia and want to get my affairs in order. I have a new will, but I did a power of attorney and living will in 1998 should they be updated? Yes, you need to have your older documents looked at by an elder law attorney as the law and your...Read more
- If a veteran is well can the spouse get Aid and Attendance benefits to help with home or assisted living care?
- What long term care planning tips can you pass along?
- Five Planning Pointers for Parents with Disabled Children
- My mother was the widow of a veteran for many years and raised us children alone.
- SC Homestead Exemption Program
If a veteran is well can the spouse get Aid and Attendance benefits to help with home or assisted living care?The short answer is no. While the Veteran is living the claim is technically his and based on his health. However there is a very narrow sort of exception that...
The Homestead Exemption provides tax relief to South Carolinians who are age sixty-five or older, blind, or disabled. In order to qualify you must: 1. You must be a co-tenant,...
Yes, the Family Court can deviate from the South Carolina Child Support guidelines and order private tuition and fees, but there must be a history of attendance and demonstrated benefit...