I have been diagnosed with dementia and want to get my affairs in order. I have a new will, but I did a power of attorney and living will in 1998 should they be updated? Yes, you need to have your older documents looked at by an elder law attorney as the law and your...Read more
- If a veteran is well can the spouse get Aid and Attendance benefits to help with home or assisted living care?
- What long term care planning tips can you pass along?
- Five Planning Pointers for Parents with Disabled Children
- My mother was the widow of a veteran for many years and raised us children alone.
- SC Homestead Exemption Program
And some of my aunts and uncles were talking about our “heirs’ property”. It appears I have some interest in an old house and tract of land, what should I...
Death is a part of life – but for the surviving family it is a time of stress, both emotional coping with loss and knowing what to do to handle...
People of modest means with total assets between $25,000 to $500,000 should talk with an elder law attorney about Medicaid planning. Planning may be addressed as part of their general...