Q. I believe my adult mentally challenged brother is not receiving proper care in the residential facility and his doctor records should support this. I tried reporting things the direct way, but there was no improvement. I want to put a camera with a recording device in his room to document the problem. What are...
Read more

Probate, Estate Planning

Q. What things can be done to avoid probate? A. A simple way to avoid probate is to give away property during your lifetime. But there can be consequences because you lose control and cannot recover the item, cash or property just by asking. The new owner has to agree to return something to you or...
Read more

I heard something about funds to help with COVID-19 deaths?

YES. FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Administration) whose mission it is to help people before, during and after disasters will have funds available starting April 12, 2021 to reimburse up to $9,000 per funeral to those that paid for burial of love ones from COVID. Funds were made available in the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental...
Read more