The proceeds of a wrongful death action are paid to the statutory wrongful death beneficiaries or the intestate heirs. This is often the spouse and children, with grandchildren receiving the portion of their pre-deceased parent. The spouse gets 50% and the children split 50% equally between them. If there are no children the spouse gets...Read more
Category Archives: Uncategorized
- Category Archives: "Uncategorized"
- As the personal representative what kind of things do I need to think about before I settle my friend’s estate?
- My father named my mother, then me as his attorney-in-facts in a financial power of attorney. Both my parents are now in care facilities and not competent. Am I automatically in charge or does something more need to be done?
- What is a life estate deed?
- If someone dies in a car accident and he is not at fault, who receives the insurance settlement monies, the people named in the will or the heirs-at- law?
- Things are changing for my parents and I feel I need to address early care and monetary issues with my siblings when they visit from out of state at Christmas. How do I begin?
April 16th is National Health Care Decisions Day. Health care decision making involves considerations about personal preferences, the role of other family members and physicians, finances, and religious beliefs. The...
Although I think I have met Mr. Right, should I consider a pre-nup? Yes, a pre-nup could be just what you need especially if you combine it with other appropriate...
I read an interesting article in a professional publication that I think did a good job explaining the basics so I’m going to draw from the writing of NAELA Attorney...
Affidavits Annuities Attorneys Estate Planning Family Meetings Filial Support Laws; Long Term Care Planning Final Bills Lady Bird Deeds Last Letter Life Estate Deeds Long Term Care for Parents Medicaid Asset Preservation Medicaid Planning Personal Injury Settlements Personal Property Memorandum Personal Representative Duties Physician Letter on Incompetency Power of Attorney Probate Probate and Taxes Probate Distributions Revocable Trusts Survival Cause of Action Trust Administration Trustees Wills Wrongful Death Actions