That depends on the terms set forth in the document itself, but even if no stated triggers are mentioned before you can serve as alternate agent, like a doctor’s letter, I suggest you obtain a letter from her physician that your mother is unable to handle her own financial affairs and those of another. Then...Read more
Tag Archives: Affidavits
- Tag Archives: "Affidavits"
- As the personal representative what kind of things do I need to think about before I settle my friend’s estate?
- My father named my mother, then me as his attorney-in-facts in a financial power of attorney. Both my parents are now in care facilities and not competent. Am I automatically in charge or does something more need to be done?
- What is a life estate deed?
- If someone dies in a car accident and he is not at fault, who receives the insurance settlement monies, the people named in the will or the heirs-at- law?
- Things are changing for my parents and I feel I need to address early care and monetary issues with my siblings when they visit from out of state at Christmas. How do I begin?
Separation, unlike divorce itself, poses unique estate planning prob- lems because living separate and apart does not in and of itself create a situation where the estranged spouse would be...
I think that is too young to have access to hundreds of thousands of dollars. Since he is my potential heir as well, will a trust help me from contributing...
1. A spouse is barred from receiving alimony if it is proven that he/she committed adultery. 2. The court considers 13 factors when making a determination of whether or not...
Affidavits Annuities Attorneys Estate Planning Family Meetings Filial Support Laws; Long Term Care Planning Final Bills Lady Bird Deeds Last Letter Life Estate Deeds Long Term Care for Parents Medicaid Asset Preservation Medicaid Planning Personal Injury Settlements Personal Property Memorandum Personal Representative Duties Physician Letter on Incompetency Power of Attorney Probate Probate and Taxes Probate Distributions Revocable Trusts Survival Cause of Action Trust Administration Trustees Wills Wrongful Death Actions