Q. I am named as personal representative in my father’s will. Can I sell his car immediately after his death so I don’t have to make the payments and start distributing other personal property from the house the day of his funeral? A. The facts and details of your situation need to be discussed with an...Read more
Tag Archives: Personal Representative
- Tag Archives: "Personal Representative"
- Can a non-South Carolina resident serve as the personal representative of an estate?
- How does an elective share work?
- I am planning to travel abroad with friends, not family. I have a living will and a health care power of attorney naming my daughter as my agent. Are these documents still valid in another country?
- Irrevocable Trusts
- Guns and Dementia
1. Buy enough life insurance. A parent is irreplaceable. However, someone will have to fill in. It may be siblings or other relatives. In all likelihood, that family will have...
A recent medical scare has caused me to pause and now consider planning a priority. Any words of wisdom before I do a will? About 73% of parents have no...
I think that is too young to have access to hundreds of thousands of dollars. Since he is my potential heir as well, will a trust help me from contributing...
Affidavit for Collection of Personal Property Affidavits Aid and Attendance Annuities Asset Protection Attorneys Charitable Contributions Digital Assets Domestic Partners Estate Planning Family Meetings Filial Support Laws; Long Term Care Planning Final Bills Fraudulent Transfers Informal Probate IRA Trusts Lady Bird Deeds Last Letter Life-Companions Life Estate Deeds Living Trusts Long Term Care Long Term Care for Parents Medicaid Applications Medicaid Asset Preservation Medicaid Planning Part 5 or Formal Probate Administration Personal Injury Settlements Personal Property Memorandum Personal Representative Personal Representative Duties Pet Trusts Physician Letter on Incompetency Power of Attorney Probate Probate and Taxes Probate Distributions Revocable Trusts Summary Administration Survival Cause of Action Tax Credit for Caregivers Trust Administration Trustees Wills Wrongful Death Actions