That depends on the terms set forth in the document itself, but even if no stated triggers are mentioned before you can serve as alternate agent, like a doctor’s letter, I suggest you obtain a letter from her physician that your mother is unable to handle her own financial affairs and those of another. Then...Read more
Tag Archives: Power of Attorney
- Tag Archives: "Power of Attorney"
- As the personal representative what kind of things do I need to think about before I settle my friend’s estate?
- My father named my mother, then me as his attorney-in-facts in a financial power of attorney. Both my parents are now in care facilities and not competent. Am I automatically in charge or does something more need to be done?
- What is a life estate deed?
- If someone dies in a car accident and he is not at fault, who receives the insurance settlement monies, the people named in the will or the heirs-at- law?
- Things are changing for my parents and I feel I need to address early care and monetary issues with my siblings when they visit from out of state at Christmas. How do I begin?
Things are changing for my parents and I feel I need to address early care and monetary issues with my siblings when they visit from out of state at Christmas. How do I begin?I am a big advocate for elders maintaining independence and acting on their own as long as possible. However, some elders delay taking action and there are times when children...
How does one work with a lawyer? Interesting analogy. The best way to have a successful relationship with your attorney is: First, select an attorney that focuses his or her...
If someone dies in a car accident and he is not at fault, who receives the insurance settlement monies, the people named in the will or the heirs-at- law?The proceeds of a wrongful death action are paid to the statutory wrongful death beneficiaries or the intestate heirs. This is often the spouse and children, with grandchildren receiving the...
Affidavits Annuities Attorneys Estate Planning Family Meetings Filial Support Laws; Long Term Care Planning Final Bills Lady Bird Deeds Last Letter Life Estate Deeds Long Term Care for Parents Medicaid Asset Preservation Medicaid Planning Personal Injury Settlements Personal Property Memorandum Personal Representative Duties Physician Letter on Incompetency Power of Attorney Probate Probate and Taxes Probate Distributions Revocable Trusts Survival Cause of Action Trust Administration Trustees Wills Wrongful Death Actions