The proceeds of a wrongful death action are paid to the statutory wrongful death beneficiaries or the intestate heirs. This is often the spouse and children, with grandchildren receiving the portion of their pre-deceased parent. The spouse gets 50% and the children split 50% equally between them. If there are no children the spouse gets...Read more
Tag Archives: Survival Cause of Action
- Tag Archives: "Survival Cause of Action"
- As the personal representative what kind of things do I need to think about before I settle my friend’s estate?
- My father named my mother, then me as his attorney-in-facts in a financial power of attorney. Both my parents are now in care facilities and not competent. Am I automatically in charge or does something more need to be done?
- What is a life estate deed?
- If someone dies in a car accident and he is not at fault, who receives the insurance settlement monies, the people named in the will or the heirs-at- law?
- Things are changing for my parents and I feel I need to address early care and monetary issues with my siblings when they visit from out of state at Christmas. How do I begin?
And some of my aunts and uncles were talking about our “heirs’ property”. It appears I have some interest in an old house and tract of land, what should I...
My lawyer suggested I write a last letter to loved ones to go with my will. What kinds of things might I include?We often follow the lives of the rich, famous and infamous on television and social media, but rarely do we take time to record our own personal beliefs, significant memories,...
I have a health care power of attorney for my mother, but don’t clearly understand what events other than being near death would trigger my authority to act. Mom is...
Affidavits Annuities Attorneys Estate Planning Family Meetings Filial Support Laws; Long Term Care Planning Final Bills Lady Bird Deeds Last Letter Life Estate Deeds Long Term Care for Parents Medicaid Asset Preservation Medicaid Planning Personal Injury Settlements Personal Property Memorandum Personal Representative Duties Physician Letter on Incompetency Power of Attorney Probate Probate and Taxes Probate Distributions Revocable Trusts Survival Cause of Action Trust Administration Trustees Wills Wrongful Death Actions