The most important aspects of administering trusts are organizational skills and record keeping. Basically you need to track every dollar coming in and going out of the trust and make sure it goes to the right person at the right time. Whether you feel you are qualified to serve is another matter because managing a...Read more
Tag Archives: Trustees
- Tag Archives: "Trustees"
- As the personal representative what kind of things do I need to think about before I settle my friend’s estate?
- My father named my mother, then me as his attorney-in-facts in a financial power of attorney. Both my parents are now in care facilities and not competent. Am I automatically in charge or does something more need to be done?
- What is a life estate deed?
- If someone dies in a car accident and he is not at fault, who receives the insurance settlement monies, the people named in the will or the heirs-at- law?
- Things are changing for my parents and I feel I need to address early care and monetary issues with my siblings when they visit from out of state at Christmas. How do I begin?
Generally Medicare does not cover health care, prescription drugs or dialysis when a person is traveling outside the U.S. There are a few narrow exceptions as noted below, but some...
When I die who or what process will be used to pay my debts? When we die a new legal entity emerges, called a “Decedent’s Estate”. Sometimes all assets are...
Death is a part of life – but for the surviving family it is a time of stress, both emotional coping with loss and knowing what to do to handle...
Affidavits Annuities Attorneys Estate Planning Family Meetings Filial Support Laws; Long Term Care Planning Final Bills Lady Bird Deeds Last Letter Life Estate Deeds Long Term Care for Parents Medicaid Asset Preservation Medicaid Planning Personal Injury Settlements Personal Property Memorandum Personal Representative Duties Physician Letter on Incompetency Power of Attorney Probate Probate and Taxes Probate Distributions Revocable Trusts Survival Cause of Action Trust Administration Trustees Wills Wrongful Death Actions