I read an interesting article in a professional publication that I think did a good job explaining the basics so I’m going to draw from the writing of NAELA Attorney Lori Parker in answering your question. Much like dogs come in different breeds, such as poodles and labs, either can be wonderful pets if matched...Read more
Tag Archives: Annuities
- Tag Archives: "Annuities"
- As the personal representative what kind of things do I need to think about before I settle my friend’s estate?
- My father named my mother, then me as his attorney-in-facts in a financial power of attorney. Both my parents are now in care facilities and not competent. Am I automatically in charge or does something more need to be done?
- What is a life estate deed?
- If someone dies in a car accident and he is not at fault, who receives the insurance settlement monies, the people named in the will or the heirs-at- law?
- Things are changing for my parents and I feel I need to address early care and monetary issues with my siblings when they visit from out of state at Christmas. How do I begin?
What does this require of me? Under a general financial power of attorney you will be appointed to represent your step-father, the principal, with respect to his financial affairs. This...
Yes, the Family Court can deviate from the South Carolina Child Support guidelines and order private tuition and fees, but there must be a history of attendance and demonstrated benefit...
Start by doing some homework and find out what kind of law the attorney practices. This can be as simple as referencing the firm’s website, checking the yellow pages and...
Affidavits Annuities Attorneys Estate Planning Family Meetings Filial Support Laws; Long Term Care Planning Final Bills Lady Bird Deeds Last Letter Life Estate Deeds Long Term Care for Parents Medicaid Asset Preservation Medicaid Planning Personal Injury Settlements Personal Property Memorandum Personal Representative Duties Physician Letter on Incompetency Power of Attorney Probate Probate and Taxes Probate Distributions Revocable Trusts Survival Cause of Action Trust Administration Trustees Wills Wrongful Death Actions