Q. My mother has some fault in a small car accident. I’m concerned that she doesn’t have enough car insurance and think she should place her life savings beyond the reach of a lawsuit. Your thoughts? A. Your Mother’s insurance agent can best advise on whether she needs additional coverage. As a general rule the minimum...Read more
Tag Archives: Asset Protection
- Tag Archives: "Asset Protection"
- Can a non-South Carolina resident serve as the personal representative of an estate?
- How does an elective share work?
- I am planning to travel abroad with friends, not family. I have a living will and a health care power of attorney naming my daughter as my agent. Are these documents still valid in another country?
- Irrevocable Trusts
- Guns and Dementia
April 16th is National Health Care Decisions Day. Health care decision making involves considerations about personal preferences, the role of other family members and physicians, finances, and religious beliefs. The...
Yes, the facts and details of your situation need to be discussed with an attorney and/or the probate court, but likely you can complete an “Appointment of Agent for Service...
1. A spouse is barred from receiving alimony if it is proven that he/she committed adultery. 2. The court considers 13 factors when making a determination of whether or not...
Affidavit for Collection of Personal Property Affidavits Aid and Attendance Annuities Asset Protection Attorneys Charitable Contributions Digital Assets Domestic Partners Estate Planning Family Meetings Filial Support Laws; Long Term Care Planning Final Bills Fraudulent Transfers Informal Probate IRA Trusts Lady Bird Deeds Last Letter Life-Companions Life Estate Deeds Living Trusts Long Term Care Long Term Care for Parents Medicaid Applications Medicaid Asset Preservation Medicaid Planning Part 5 or Formal Probate Administration Personal Injury Settlements Personal Property Memorandum Personal Representative Personal Representative Duties Pet Trusts Physician Letter on Incompetency Power of Attorney Probate Probate and Taxes Probate Distributions Revocable Trusts Summary Administration Survival Cause of Action Tax Credit for Caregivers Trust Administration Trustees Wills Wrongful Death Actions