Start by doing some homework and find out what kind of law the attorney practices. This can be as simple as referencing the firm’s website, checking the yellow pages and calling to ask for a firm brochure to be mailed to you. Consulting with friends can be helpful, but only if you have similar legal...Read more
Tag Archives: Attorneys
- Tag Archives: "Attorneys"
- As the personal representative what kind of things do I need to think about before I settle my friend’s estate?
- My father named my mother, then me as his attorney-in-facts in a financial power of attorney. Both my parents are now in care facilities and not competent. Am I automatically in charge or does something more need to be done?
- What is a life estate deed?
- If someone dies in a car accident and he is not at fault, who receives the insurance settlement monies, the people named in the will or the heirs-at- law?
- Things are changing for my parents and I feel I need to address early care and monetary issues with my siblings when they visit from out of state at Christmas. How do I begin?
If you’re 18 or older, it’s time to make a will. Even young adults have assets and legal interests that need protecting and directing upon death. Many children come from...
And don’t know if I should include one in my estate plan. The modern POA allows a competent individual, the principal, to preselect someone he or she trusts to deal...
My husband and I gave some of our land to build a home and recently loaned money to pay off our son’s mortgage.He and his wife have made no effort to pay us back. They are both in good health and employed, but always say they are short of money. When we...
Affidavits Annuities Attorneys Estate Planning Family Meetings Filial Support Laws; Long Term Care Planning Final Bills Lady Bird Deeds Last Letter Life Estate Deeds Long Term Care for Parents Medicaid Asset Preservation Medicaid Planning Personal Injury Settlements Personal Property Memorandum Personal Representative Duties Physician Letter on Incompetency Power of Attorney Probate Probate and Taxes Probate Distributions Revocable Trusts Survival Cause of Action Trust Administration Trustees Wills Wrongful Death Actions