I am a big advocate for elders maintaining independence and acting on their own as long as possible. However, some elders delay taking action and there are times when children need to intervene. Nevertheless be mindful of your parents’ feelings when discussing and making plans concerning them. Holiday get-togethers are a good opportunity for adult children...Read more
Tag Archives: Family Meetings
- Tag Archives: "Family Meetings"
- As the personal representative what kind of things do I need to think about before I settle my friend’s estate?
- My father named my mother, then me as his attorney-in-facts in a financial power of attorney. Both my parents are now in care facilities and not competent. Am I automatically in charge or does something more need to be done?
- What is a life estate deed?
- If someone dies in a car accident and he is not at fault, who receives the insurance settlement monies, the people named in the will or the heirs-at- law?
- Things are changing for my parents and I feel I need to address early care and monetary issues with my siblings when they visit from out of state at Christmas. How do I begin?
What are your thoughts on do-it-yourself wills, revocable trusts, powers of attorneys and health care proxy documents?Other than living wills and health care powers of attorneys I find most individuals are not well equipped to prepare their own wills, revocable trusts and financial powers of attorneys....
A recent medical scare has caused me to pause and now consider planning a priority. Any words of wisdom before I do a will? About 73% of parents have no...
Yes, the Family Court can deviate from the South Carolina Child Support guidelines and order private tuition and fees, but there must be a history of attendance and demonstrated benefit...
Affidavits Annuities Attorneys Estate Planning Family Meetings Filial Support Laws; Long Term Care Planning Final Bills Lady Bird Deeds Last Letter Life Estate Deeds Long Term Care for Parents Medicaid Asset Preservation Medicaid Planning Personal Injury Settlements Personal Property Memorandum Personal Representative Duties Physician Letter on Incompetency Power of Attorney Probate Probate and Taxes Probate Distributions Revocable Trusts Survival Cause of Action Trust Administration Trustees Wills Wrongful Death Actions