As the personal representative what kind of things do I need to think about before I settle my friend’s estate? Estates vary widely, but basically you have to focus on three areas – taxes and administrative expenses, final bills of the decedent and distributions. Very few estates have to pay federal or South Carolina estate taxes as...Read more
Tag Archives: Final Bills
- Tag Archives: "Final Bills"
- Can a non-South Carolina resident serve as the personal representative of an estate?
- How does an elective share work?
- I am planning to travel abroad with friends, not family. I have a living will and a health care power of attorney naming my daughter as my agent. Are these documents still valid in another country?
- Irrevocable Trusts
- Guns and Dementia
And some of my aunts and uncles were talking about our “heirs’ property”. It appears I have some interest in an old house and tract of land, what should I...
1. Buy enough life insurance. A parent is irreplaceable. However, someone will have to fill in. It may be siblings or other relatives. In all likelihood, that family will have...
The Social Security Administration (hereinafter SSA) considers income and disability as two separate eligibility factors for childhood Supplemental Security Income (hereinafter SSI) benefits. SSI is a means-tested program that provides...
Affidavit for Collection of Personal Property Affidavits Aid and Attendance Annuities Asset Protection Attorneys Charitable Contributions Digital Assets Domestic Partners Estate Planning Family Meetings Filial Support Laws; Long Term Care Planning Final Bills Fraudulent Transfers Informal Probate IRA Trusts Lady Bird Deeds Last Letter Life-Companions Life Estate Deeds Living Trusts Long Term Care Long Term Care for Parents Medicaid Applications Medicaid Asset Preservation Medicaid Planning Part 5 or Formal Probate Administration Personal Injury Settlements Personal Property Memorandum Personal Representative Personal Representative Duties Pet Trusts Physician Letter on Incompetency Power of Attorney Probate Probate and Taxes Probate Distributions Revocable Trusts Summary Administration Survival Cause of Action Tax Credit for Caregivers Trust Administration Trustees Wills Wrongful Death Actions