I am a big advocate for elders maintaining independence and acting on their own as long as possible. However, some elders delay taking action and there are times when children need to intervene. Nevertheless be mindful of your parents’ feelings when discussing and making plans concerning them. Holiday get-togethers are a good opportunity for adult children...Read more
Tag Archives: Long Term Care for Parents
- Tag Archives: "Long Term Care for Parents"
- As the personal representative what kind of things do I need to think about before I settle my friend’s estate?
- My father named my mother, then me as his attorney-in-facts in a financial power of attorney. Both my parents are now in care facilities and not competent. Am I automatically in charge or does something more need to be done?
- What is a life estate deed?
- If someone dies in a car accident and he is not at fault, who receives the insurance settlement monies, the people named in the will or the heirs-at- law?
- Things are changing for my parents and I feel I need to address early care and monetary issues with my siblings when they visit from out of state at Christmas. How do I begin?
And don’t know if I should include one in my estate plan. The modern POA allows a competent individual, the principal, to preselect someone he or she trusts to deal...
But as my largest asset I want to be sure I can leave it to my three children and avoid probate. What should I do? Individual retirement accounts or IRAs...
The Social Security Administration (hereinafter SSA) considers income and disability as two separate eligibility factors for childhood Supplemental Security Income (hereinafter SSI) benefits. SSI is a means-tested program that provides...
Affidavits Annuities Attorneys Estate Planning Family Meetings Filial Support Laws; Long Term Care Planning Final Bills Lady Bird Deeds Last Letter Life Estate Deeds Long Term Care for Parents Medicaid Asset Preservation Medicaid Planning Personal Injury Settlements Personal Property Memorandum Personal Representative Duties Physician Letter on Incompetency Power of Attorney Probate Probate and Taxes Probate Distributions Revocable Trusts Survival Cause of Action Trust Administration Trustees Wills Wrongful Death Actions