Things are changing for my parents and I feel I need to address early care and monetary issues with my siblings when they visit from out of state at Christmas. How do I begin? I am a big advocate for elders maintaining independence and acting on their own as long as possible. However, some elders delay...Read more
Tag Archives: Long Term Care for Parents
- Tag Archives: "Long Term Care for Parents"
- Can a non-South Carolina resident serve as the personal representative of an estate?
- How does an elective share work?
- I am planning to travel abroad with friends, not family. I have a living will and a health care power of attorney naming my daughter as my agent. Are these documents still valid in another country?
- Irrevocable Trusts
- Guns and Dementia
On October 13, 2009, Veteran’s Affairs Secretary Shinseki established service connection for Vietnam veterans with three conditions; Parkinson’s, B cell leukemias, and ischemic heart disease. This is major news for...
1. Buy enough life insurance. A parent is irreplaceable. However, someone will have to fill in. It may be siblings or other relatives. In all likelihood, that family will have...
Q. Can I pass my retirement assets by will? A. Maybe, but are you sure you want to? If you are talking about a pension probably not because it is...
Affidavit for Collection of Personal Property Affidavits Aid and Attendance Annuities Asset Protection Attorneys Charitable Contributions Digital Assets Domestic Partners Estate Planning Family Meetings Filial Support Laws; Long Term Care Planning Final Bills Fraudulent Transfers Informal Probate IRA Trusts Lady Bird Deeds Last Letter Life-Companions Life Estate Deeds Living Trusts Long Term Care Long Term Care for Parents Medicaid Applications Medicaid Asset Preservation Medicaid Planning Part 5 or Formal Probate Administration Personal Injury Settlements Personal Property Memorandum Personal Representative Personal Representative Duties Pet Trusts Physician Letter on Incompetency Power of Attorney Probate Probate and Taxes Probate Distributions Revocable Trusts Summary Administration Survival Cause of Action Tax Credit for Caregivers Trust Administration Trustees Wills Wrongful Death Actions