That depends on the terms set forth in the document itself, but even if no stated triggers are mentioned before you can serve as alternate agent, like a doctor’s letter, I suggest you obtain a letter from her physician that your mother is unable to handle her own financial affairs and those of another. Then...Read more
Tag Archives: Physician Letter on Incompetency
- Tag Archives: "Physician Letter on Incompetency"
- As the personal representative what kind of things do I need to think about before I settle my friend’s estate?
- My father named my mother, then me as his attorney-in-facts in a financial power of attorney. Both my parents are now in care facilities and not competent. Am I automatically in charge or does something more need to be done?
- What is a life estate deed?
- If someone dies in a car accident and he is not at fault, who receives the insurance settlement monies, the people named in the will or the heirs-at- law?
- Things are changing for my parents and I feel I need to address early care and monetary issues with my siblings when they visit from out of state at Christmas. How do I begin?
I have been diagnosed with dementia and want to get my affairs in order. I have a new will, but I did a power of attorney and living will in...
BACKLOGS As many of our clients know, there are tremendous backlogs on Social Security and SSI claims such that a disability appeal at the administrative law judge level can take...
I’m putting together my New Year Resolutions and wondered what you thought I should include about disability, elder law and estate planning.Here is my list of favorites: 1. Be kind to someone daily.It’s incredibly good for your soul and as part of this resolution you need to see your estate plan...
Affidavits Annuities Attorneys Estate Planning Family Meetings Filial Support Laws; Long Term Care Planning Final Bills Lady Bird Deeds Last Letter Life Estate Deeds Long Term Care for Parents Medicaid Asset Preservation Medicaid Planning Personal Injury Settlements Personal Property Memorandum Personal Representative Duties Physician Letter on Incompetency Power of Attorney Probate Probate and Taxes Probate Distributions Revocable Trusts Survival Cause of Action Trust Administration Trustees Wills Wrongful Death Actions