Estates vary widely, but basically you have to focus on three areas – taxes and administrative expenses, final bills of the decedent and distributions. Very few estates have to pay federal or South Carolina estate taxes as an individual can currently pass $5.43 million under the exemption provisions before any taxes are due. However, the personal...Read more
Tag Archives: Probate and Taxes
- Tag Archives: "Probate and Taxes"
- As the personal representative what kind of things do I need to think about before I settle my friend’s estate?
- My father named my mother, then me as his attorney-in-facts in a financial power of attorney. Both my parents are now in care facilities and not competent. Am I automatically in charge or does something more need to be done?
- What is a life estate deed?
- If someone dies in a car accident and he is not at fault, who receives the insurance settlement monies, the people named in the will or the heirs-at- law?
- Things are changing for my parents and I feel I need to address early care and monetary issues with my siblings when they visit from out of state at Christmas. How do I begin?
Separation, unlike divorce itself, poses unique estate planning prob- lems because living separate and apart does not in and of itself create a situation where the estranged spouse would be...
The most important aspects of administering trusts are organizational skills and record keeping. Basically you need to track every dollar coming in and going out of the trust and make...
The legal battle over the life of Terri Shiavo, age 26 when she went into coma, caused many people to stop and think about end of life planning through advance...
Affidavits Annuities Attorneys Estate Planning Family Meetings Filial Support Laws; Long Term Care Planning Final Bills Lady Bird Deeds Last Letter Life Estate Deeds Long Term Care for Parents Medicaid Asset Preservation Medicaid Planning Personal Injury Settlements Personal Property Memorandum Personal Representative Duties Physician Letter on Incompetency Power of Attorney Probate Probate and Taxes Probate Distributions Revocable Trusts Survival Cause of Action Trust Administration Trustees Wills Wrongful Death Actions