Estates vary widely, but basically you have to focus on three areas – taxes and administrative expenses, final bills of the decedent and distributions. Very few estates have to pay federal or South Carolina estate taxes as an individual can currently pass $5.43 million under the exemption provisions before any taxes are due. However, the personal...Read more
Tag Archives: Probate Distributions
- Tag Archives: "Probate Distributions"
- As the personal representative what kind of things do I need to think about before I settle my friend’s estate?
- My father named my mother, then me as his attorney-in-facts in a financial power of attorney. Both my parents are now in care facilities and not competent. Am I automatically in charge or does something more need to be done?
- What is a life estate deed?
- If someone dies in a car accident and he is not at fault, who receives the insurance settlement monies, the people named in the will or the heirs-at- law?
- Things are changing for my parents and I feel I need to address early care and monetary issues with my siblings when they visit from out of state at Christmas. How do I begin?
What is a family meeting in regards to probate? Sometimes the personal representative, the new statutory term for the executor or executrix of the will, asks the attorney probating the...
April 16th is National Health Care Decisions Day. Health care decision making involves considerations about personal preferences, the role of other family members and physicians, finances, and religious beliefs. The...
You may be one of thousands that has money being held somewhere right now that you didn’t know existed. The South Carolina Unclaimed Property Act was passed to create a...
Affidavits Annuities Attorneys Estate Planning Family Meetings Filial Support Laws; Long Term Care Planning Final Bills Lady Bird Deeds Last Letter Life Estate Deeds Long Term Care for Parents Medicaid Asset Preservation Medicaid Planning Personal Injury Settlements Personal Property Memorandum Personal Representative Duties Physician Letter on Incompetency Power of Attorney Probate Probate and Taxes Probate Distributions Revocable Trusts Survival Cause of Action Trust Administration Trustees Wills Wrongful Death Actions