“Attorney Knapp went above and beyond for us! She helped more than we ever dreamed someone could. I would highly recommend Linda Knapp to anyone who needs an attorney.”Jon & Carolyn Cook, New Ellenton, SC,
- As the personal representative what kind of things do I need to think about before I settle my friend’s estate?
- My father named my mother, then me as his attorney-in-facts in a financial power of attorney. Both my parents are now in care facilities and not competent. Am I automatically in charge or does something more need to be done?
- What is a life estate deed?
- If someone dies in a car accident and he is not at fault, who receives the insurance settlement monies, the people named in the will or the heirs-at- law?
- Things are changing for my parents and I feel I need to address early care and monetary issues with my siblings when they visit from out of state at Christmas. How do I begin?
Each judge decides for him or herself what visitation is appropriate given the circumstances of the case. Standard visitation refers to every other weekend with provisions for one week at...
I have children here and in Pennsylvania and are trying to decide where to retire. I heard something about filial responsibility laws and want to know if they exist in South Carolina.South Carolina does not have a filial responsibility law or a law that makes an adult child responsible to provide support for an indigent or impoverished parent seeking support from...
Yes. If you think about it simple sweetheart wills that give all to the spouse then to the children, but only if the spouse predeceases, effectively initially disinherits the children....
Affidavits Annuities Attorneys Estate Planning Family Meetings Filial Support Laws; Long Term Care Planning Final Bills Lady Bird Deeds Last Letter Life Estate Deeds Long Term Care for Parents Medicaid Asset Preservation Medicaid Planning Personal Injury Settlements Personal Property Memorandum Personal Representative Duties Physician Letter on Incompetency Power of Attorney Probate Probate and Taxes Probate Distributions Revocable Trusts Survival Cause of Action Trust Administration Trustees Wills Wrongful Death Actions